"Pauline M. Marshall" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 17:50:22 +0000
On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Adam Bailey wrote:

> >   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> >... while talking to air18.mail.aol.com.:
> ><<< 552 xHOLL mailbox full
> >554 <[log in to unmask]>... Service unavailable
> >... while talking to air18.mail.aol.com.:
> ><<< 552 xman007 mailbox full
> >554 <[log in to unmask]>... Service unavailable
>
> The examples you give aren't mailbox full. So I'll give two answers.
>
> 1. Referring to Mailbox Full message, it's entirely possible that their
> mailboxes have been full for a while and you just weren't getting the
> errors because of technical problems.

I think AOL might be having problems again (surprise suprise).  I just had
a subscriber, who's messages were bouncing as above, so, like I always do,
I set them to nomail,review.  Now, the notificiation that I changed her
optinos (the automated responce from listserv) bounced as I expected, yet
today, I get a note from this person, saying that they got my
noticifaction, and asked why I had done so.  So, I recieved the error, yet
they got the mail......AOL be screwed (and I have the mail proof to show
it), or I am going nuts.

Anyone else have this problem?

| Pauline M. Marshall        /  /                --= MightyMouse =-- |
| [log in to unmask]          /  /       http://www.logic.net/~mmouse/ |
| I-Barc (Internet Beagle Aficianado Recreation Club) Listowner      |
|                      http://i-barc.common.net/                     |
| SmallDogs (Small Dog Discussion List) Listowner                    |
|       http://www.cusd.claremont.edu/~corchard/smalldog.html        |