Jan A Bergeron VMD <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 21:55:37 -0500
At 12:41 AM 3/4/2003 -0500, Bryan Fritchie wrote:
>I am recieving the following error:
>
>   1 03/02 03/02 Bryan Fritchie <[log in to unmask]>
>                 Last error: Unavailable; DSN status was 5.1.1
>
>Please notice that that is *MY* E-Mail address.  I am the List Owner.

According to RFC 1893:

In your case, the error code 5.1.1 means:

           Bad destination mailbox address

           The mailbox specified in the address does not exist.  For
           Internet mail names, this means the address portion to the
           left of the "@" sign is invalid.  This code is only useful
           for permanent failures

I recently asked a question about a similar error message (in my case the
code was 5.1.2) and was told that the problem was with my mail server.  In
my case, the owner of a list I am subscribed to was getting the error
messages, and I was being periodically unsubscribed.  The mail was being
sent to me at another address, which is at my own domain (ie, case similar
to yours).  I then checked with my hosting company, and their first
response was "the problem is with the list server." I persisted, and they
finally came back with the following comment:

    "I don't know if it will help the situation or not, however there
     were no A records for the nameservers setup so I added those in
     just now. It may have tried to query one of them which didn't
     respond and then caused an error. Let me know if that helps any."

Since then, the list owner hasn't received any more error messages, and I
have received every message sent to the list.

You might run this by your hosting company to see if that is where your
problem lies.

Jan A Bergeron, VMD
[log in to unmask]     Phone: 732-671-7856
Owner CAVM List    Fax: 732-671-8432
http://CAVM.Net   Cell: 732-513-7072
3 Quail Drive * Middletown, NJ 07748