Chris Range <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 20:28:47 -0500
> Is there other traffic on the list, so you know these people are
> reading the list but they just seem to be ignoring your
> request?  Or are you concerned that maybe it didn't go out, or that
> some of them have all their mailing-list messages filtered
> off to a folder that they only read when they have spare time?  (That
> last scenario does happen, and can be rather aggravating
> when you're trying to use a mailing list to announce something
> urgent.)

There is no traffic on the list.  I have a feeling that, people are just
ignoring it.  When I proposed shutting the list down a couple months
ago, less than ten out of two hundred replied.  It was those few that
persuaded me to keep the list active.  Due to the large amount of
indifference to the proposal, I did not ask for feedback regarding the
initial move.  After the move, there was an exodus of people leaving the
list because of the move.  While I handled the move poorly, there
indifference told me that, they did not care where the list was.

> Could you just write privately to a -few- of them and ask if they got
> the message, if they thought it was clear, if they can help
> you figure out why you haven't heard anything?  If it's a discussion
> list, you probably have a pretty good idea which members usually can
> find time to give an opinion.  :-)

I am still contemplating this.

Chris Range