Mon, 20 Nov 1995 19:04:06 -0600
I had thought that if someone got a renewal notice but couldn't send the
"confirm" message (like some local gateways) and I set that sub to NORENEW
(I thought I had before, oops!) the requirement to renew would disappear.
However, a query on the sub, after I set it norenew shows this:

MAIL           You are sent individual postings as they are received
SHORTHDR       Short mail headers with only "human friendly" fields
               (formerly "SHORTBSMTP")
REPRO          You receive a copy of your own postings
ACK            Short e-mail acknowledgement of successfully processed
               postings
NOFILE         You do not receive a copy of NJE files sent to the list
NORENEW        You are never required to confirm your subscription to the
               list
N/A            Your subscription must be confirmed as soon as possible!
               Please send a CONFIRM command to avoid being removed from
               the list, or contact the list owner for assistance

Now, I changed the option just this afternoon.  Will that N/A disappear
when LISTSERV checks the sub dates again (around midnight I presume) or do
I need to something else?

Can the listowner do a "confirm" for the subscription or does the the
"confirm" have to come from the subscription address.  I can do that if I
have to, but I'ld rather not.  I'ld probably just quiet delete the sub and
then do a quiet add instead.

But, main question, will that N/A disappear when the dates are checked
again, or not?

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L