Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 10:52:10 -0500
On: Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 10:31:36AM -0500,Barbara Passmore Wrote:

} My 4-year-old list is set up to probe every six months.
}
} Yet, none of the other Listserv lists I belong to ever
} probes me.  Some of them are x times larger than
} my list.  I would like to remove it from my header, if
} possible.
}
} >From a practical sense, is it necessary to probe a
} subscriber who gets no mail?  It adds to the error
} messages and monitoring report along with all of
} those "unknown" names there already.  It is an extra
} burden I would like to dispense with.
}
} If it is not recommended,  what is the longest time
} that can be reasonably set for probing?  I am
} presently set for 6 months.

IMHO, 1 to 3 months is a good probe interval.  You aren't getting probed
because you are regularly contributing to the list, so Listserv "knows"
you are there and doesn't need to probe you.  The lurkers get probed.

--
Rich Greenberg   Work:  Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com  + 1 770 563 6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign panix.com    + 1 770 321 6507