Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 9 Dec 1997 09:01:08 EST
On Tue, 9 Dec 1997 08:49:28 -0200 YANKI PURSUN said:
>Hi!
>
>1.) When I get a list of subscribers of TURKISTAN-N the output looks like
>this:
>*  ??? (KG)               1
>*  ??? (KY)               1
>*  ??? (MN)               1
>*  ??? (QA)               1
>*  Soviet Union          36
>*  ??? (UZ)               5
>*  ???                   37
>
>Is there a way to change the ??? (XX) into real country names, Soviet Union
>into former Soviet Union and to assign ??? to different countries?

I don't know what version of LISTSERV you are running but the country names
that correspond to root-level domains are kept in a file called "country.file"
which is kept in the same directory/disk with files like "service.names" and
"stdcmd.file", etc.  It sounds like the one on your server is outdated, as
the one on my test machine knows about KG (Krgyzstan_(Republic_of)) and
MN (Mongolia).  My country.file is dated 21 January 1997 so I assume that
later versions would have the rest (and incidentally that your country.file
is older than mine).

>2.) When I request INFO TURKISTAN-N from [log in to unmask], the answer
>is LIST NOT KNOWN. What to do?

Is the list Confidential= Yes?  Is your server running with RUNMODE=NETWORKED?
Is your server registered?  FWIW I don't see a TURKISTAN-N in the CataList
either, but I do see [log in to unmask] ... is this the
same list?

Nathan