JUDITH HOPKINS AT SUNY BUFFALO <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 12 Jul 1993 11:29:34 -0400
I know this is not directly related to the scope of this list but
I thought that it would be my best source of accurate information.

A faculty member at my university is leaving shortly for Switzerland
for a year's sabbatical and wishes to remain in electronic contact
with UB.   What are his options?

I can think of: get an account at an institution in Geneva and do Telnet.
  Any suggestions of institutions that might offer such a privilege?
  Would Telnet work from Europe (I am probably betraying my provinciality
  with that latter question).

  Another approach I thought of was to use his laptop and modem and have
dial access to a local number in Geneva.  Are there any such numbers
which would provide transatlantic connectivity?

  Commercial services such as CompuServe, Delphi?

  Other approaches I haven't thought of?

    Thanks in advance for any help you might provide.

Judith Hopkins                            VOICE: (716) 645-2796
Technical Services Research and Analysis Officer
Central Technical Services                FAX:   (716) 645-5955
Lockwood Library Building
State University of New York at Buffalo   BITNET: ulcjh@ubvm (OR, ubvms)
Buffalo, NY  14260-2200             INTERNET: [log in to unmask]
          Listowner: AUTOCAT@UBVM or [log in to unmask]