Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 12 Jul 2007 17:01:36 -0400
At 16:48 7/12/2007 Thursday, Roger Burns wrote:

>I know that Listserv has its own spam control that screens submitted
>postings to its lists.  Does L-Soft have any plans to extend its
>list-message spam protection to those messages that are sent to
>-REQUEST addresses, instead of continuing to rely upon the OK mechanism
>that is now antequated with regard to spam protection?

Antiquated how? because it generates an challenge/response to a purported sender?

A poorman's value add would be:

* OWNER= throw_away_owner,(real_owners)

i.e., throw_away_owner == RFC822 email address of a mailbox that doesn't get checked very often e.g., a BLOGLINES subscription channel

real_owners == another LISTSERV list on the same host who's subscribers are the owners of the primary list

I haven't actually tried this, so definitely YMMV.

/Pete