Bob and Val King <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 3 Aug 1996 12:13:49 -0400
The one thing that I appreciate in the way that AOL produces bounce messages
is that they _group_ several bounces together. That way, if I've set a
bunch of folks at AOL to DIGEST due to full mailboxes I only get ONE bounce
message. Granted, it would be nice if the entire digest didn't come back
too ... <sigh> but, I'll take what I can get <grin>.

I've found that the types of folks who subscribe to my list need more
tender-loving-care and guidance when it comes to email problems. AOL
subscribers even more so since, unlike an academic environment (.EDU),
they're less likely to have someone close by to ask questions. So, we
give everyone three days grace. Day 1 gets you set to digest. Day 2 is
a "wait and see." Day 3 is NOMAIL. Unknown user gets immediate unsub.
That causes trouble when the AOL'er forgets and changes his/her screen name.

Valorie King
listowner: TAGFAM
TAGFAM Homepage: http://www.access.digex.net/~king/tagfam.html