Sherry Beauchamp <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 12:27:19 -0800
While I'm not arguing with your policy, you are eliminating a LOT of people
with free email accounts -- juno.com, rocketmail.com, yahoo.com, and
probably others I can't think of offhand.  For some people, this is their
only email access.  That's a difficult decision for a listowner of a
support list ...

Sherry Beauchamp

>This is a message I just sent to [log in to unmask]:
>
>Dear Rocketmail-
>        I run a very heavily used mailing list for the medical condition
>fibromyalgia,  It's called FIBROM-L.  I recently discovered that your mailer
>automatically adds a signature advertising yahoo.com mail.  Our mailing list
>does not allow advertisements of any sort, and we can't make any exceptions.
>No person using a rocketmail account will be allowed to post to our mailing
>list, and I am going to encourage other mailing list owners to do the same
>thing.
>
>Sincerely Yours
>
>Mark London

   Sherry Beauchamp         Social Science Research Network (SSRN)
   [log in to unmask]                   http://www.SSRN.Com

   Leading Social Science Research Delivered to Your Desktop Daily