Dan Kanagy <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 24 Feb 1996 12:05:17 +0900
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
Vickie Banks <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>And lastly am I likely to have a problem with the file server?  I don't
>think the list keyword will affect the file server, and I'm afraid the
>Japanese will be corrupted again.  In addition, I think they want to do
>part of the Welcome Letter, Surveys, etc., in Japanese, and I'm wondering
>how to make that work.

I administer the HONYAKU list for Japanese/English translators, which
is located at L-Soft.  I have some Japanese in the welcome file (in
New JIS), and it is transmitted correctly.  So, too, the Japanese in
the list archive.  I suspect that if you put a Japanese file
successfully (i.e., the path between you and the file server is eight
bit clean), the file server will send the file out as received.  At
least, that has been my experience.

Dan Kanagy                                                    [log in to unmask]
Tokyo, Japan                                              [log in to unmask]