"J. Lyle" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 13:36:10 -0500
On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Angus wrote:

> Thanks Pete .. It's the first thing I suggested to her .. at least until
> we can figure out a solution.. I've written A.O.L. and was told by one
> of their support people that their email program does not have a feature
> that would even allow inclusion of header info ????  But her replies
> consistantly do, and from the header info.. looks like she is indeed
> using an aol program.

We had the same problem with an AOL subscriber to our list. As it turns
out, she was somehow attaching the post she was replying to rather than
importing it into the text message itself. And since she was attaching it,
it was showing up in its entirety, headers and all--and bouncing back to
her because of the "reply-to" line.

We suggested that she cut and paste the relevant portions of the original
message into a new post until she could figure out how to import instead
of attach that post. I've sent a note asking her whether she ever figured
out what she had set wrong, but so far I've heard nothing.

Jane