Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 12:24:59 MST
On Fri, 21 Jun 1996 13:20:17 -0600 you said:
>>    I suppose the fact that people are requesting such things means the
>> people who want it are so clueless that they don't know how to have their
>> mail software sort things in various sequences, or drop them into different
>> folders.
>> [...]
>
>It could also mean that alot of people are requesting this because it
>a feature of Majordomo.  In fact, it is really the only feature that
>Majordomo has that I miss,,,and yes I use mail filters (over 100 of
>as a matter of fact :-).

Well, to each her own and all that, but I'd not see it as a "feature" unless
it were a feature that I configure to not turn on.  It simply makes less
space available for the real subject information in the subject line.

It also still has the look and feel of a kludge for people who have
incredibly lame mail readers....

dan

  Dan Lester, Network Information Coordinator
  Albertsons Library, Boise State University, Boise, Idaho 83725 USA
  [log in to unmask]             http://cyclops.idbsu.edu/
  How can one fool make another wise?  Kansas, "No One Together," 1979