>* Attachments= application/pdf,Filter
>
>and
>
>* Attachments= application/*pdf,Filter
>
>In both cases, the attachments were filtered, and only an
>attachment place-
>holder appeared in the post (e.g., <<TestPDFDoc.pdf>>).  If >anyone could>specify an "allowed content type" for only allowing PDF attachments, I>would appreciate the help.>I tried filtering in a similar fashion on our lists but it proved toodifficult.  There are so many different MIME attachment codes, and ways ofrepresenting them, that you'd be forever updating the keyword entry (I'vegot a useful text file which lists hundreds of them - mail me privately ifyou'd like to see it).  Also, you can never be sure that each different mailagent your subscribers use will insert the same code into the headers.  Toomany variables means it's too hard to enforce. You're better off deciding toeither allow or block *all* attachments.Chazzozz!!Michael [log in to unmask]"Before you can grow old and wise you must first survive being young andstupid." - Ancient ProverbNote: Opinions expressed on this list are my own and do not reflect theviews, opinions or position of my employer.  If swallowed, seek medicaladvice.

ATOM RSS1 RSS2