Charles Clausen <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Oct 2016 15:50:02 -0400
Maybe there is some way you could set up the "topics" function to accomplish this? A topic "dean" might be set up, and if only she originated threads containing the "dean" designation, and she were subscribed only to this specific topic...

The set-up for this involves complications, and I haven't tried to think these through. The Listowner's manual describes use of topics in section 15.7.