Mike Holloway <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 21:39:46 -0400
Can anyone tell me the statis of the LISTSERV node at the University of
Missouri at St. Louis?  My list, which gives much needed support to
terminally ill patients, has been blocked from distribution since Friday.
The server at Washington University is active, and the manager there is out
till Friday Oct. 25.  I've at long last found out, after 4 years of asking
for help during long delays, that the U of Missouri is the first stop from
WU.  The LISTSERV server at missouri.edu has not responded for several
hours, which leads me to suspect the worst.  Any help appreciated.  Flames
summarily ignored.

Thanks,
Mike Holloway              |* On average, 8 people a day on the waiting list
[log in to unmask]   |  for a transplant die for lack of a donor.
___________________________|* The end-stage diseases treated by transplant
  do not recognize age, race, nationality or pocketbook.
* There is no justifiable reason to deny organ donation, but many myths and
misunderstandings.
* Next of kin must allow donation.  Your family must know your wishes.
* Only a small fraction of the next of kin of potential donors allow
  donation to take place.
* In general, medical professionals do not recognize their obligation to
  support and promote donation.
Questions? See FAQ:
http://www.lib.ox.ac.uk/internet/news/faq/bit.listserv.transplant.html or
ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/bit.listserv.transplant/