Mike Holloway <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 30 Aug 1995 11:31:16 -0400
>If your digest is routinely larger than 25k, it will arrive in the AOL member
>mailbox as an attachment,

This new policy just adds another prominent example of the deficiencies of
AOL.  I'm going to have to start actively encouraging my members to find
another service provider.  This new restriction on e-mail, added to the
severe mail box limit AOL members already had (and are not informed of) is
counter-intuitive, to say the least, for a business that has to make itself
more competitive.  Everyone working for AOL can't be clueless.  I hope that
someone has the guts to inform their management, which seems oddly divorced
from the realities of the Internet.

Mike Holloway               |* On average, 8 people a day on the waiting list
[log in to unmask]    |  for a transplant die for lack of a donor.
____________________________|* The end-stage diseases treated by transplant
  do not recognize age, race, nationality or pocketbook.
* There is no justifiable reason to deny organ donation, but many myths and
misunderstandings.
* Next of kin must allow donation.  Your family must know your wishes.
* Only a small fraction of the next of kin of potential donors allow
  donation to take place.
* In general, medical professionals do not recognize their obligation to
  support and promote donation.
Questions? See FAQ:
http://www.lib.ox.ac.uk/internet/news/faq/bit.listserv.transplant.html
or
ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/bit.listserv.transplant/