Bill Southerly <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Jun 1992 11:16:00 EDT
From:   TOE::IN%"[log in to unmask]"  "Conference Announcements lists" 16-JU
   N-1992 15:35:24.14
To:     IN%"[log in to unmask]"  "Bill Southerly"
CC:
Subj:   Networking Symposium Jan 1993 Call for Presentations

Date: Fri, 5 Jun 92 11:26:44 EST
From: Tom Pavelchek <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Networking Symposium Jan 1993 Call for Presentations
Sender: Conference Announcements lists <[log in to unmask]>
To: Bill Southerly <[log in to unmask]>

From:   TOE::IN%"[log in to unmask]"  "TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT IN HIGHER EDUCA
   TION" 16-JUN-1992 12:05:17.61
To:     IN%"[log in to unmask]"  "Multiple recipients of list TQM-L"
CC:
Subj:   Starting TQM in a university unit

Date: Sat, 6 Jun 1992 20:03:14 EDT
From: "Jim Henry in Chattanooga (615) 755-4398 or 886-6425"
Subject: Starting TQM in a university unit
Sender: TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT IN HIGHER EDUCATION <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list TQM-L <[log in to unmask]>

HELP!!!   I need someone to help me by:  (1) either directing me to a more
appropriate list to solve the problem; or (2) help me read the mail headers
above.

        Since a week before Easter, I have noticed that our site has a dramatic
drop in mail from mid-afternoon Friday till noon on Tuesday.  Thus, on Tuesday
I get overwhelmed with about 200-300 backed-up mail messages.  During the last
2 weeks, the situation has developed such that not only am I getting backed-up
mail from Friday through Tuesday on Tuesday but now I am getting mail that was
sent the previous weekend.  Thus, the mail headers from above were received at
my site on Tuesday June 16.  This is worst than snail mail!  I have recently
started a new list and had my first problem of this sort emerge and I am
concerned of the potential impact on a new list.

        Therefore, as both a listowner and a member of many lists who finds it
increasingly difficult to follow discussion threads  I need some help trying
to determine where the problem is--at our site, Towson, or feeders to Towson.

        Some additional information is important.  Our site is not a node,
Towson has graciously served as a feeder site to us for bitnet mail.  All of
the problem mail seems to be sent through bitnet.  In addition, during this
down time over the weekends some bitnet mail does get through.  Our local
support people are quite helpful and are looking for answers but they aren't
supported with enough staff for the demands placed on them so it is difficult
for them to deal with all of the crises that arise.  Thus, I thought that
the collective wisdom of this group might help me (and them) to ask the right
questions of the right people.  One obvious question is have any other people
been experiencing this problem?  If not, then it is obviously more of a local
concern.

        Thanks for any ideas, suggestions on what to look for, who to contact,
anything!!!!

Bill Southerly