Wayne Marr <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Oct 1994 23:26:00 EDT
   Dear Colleagues:  I am attempting to create a welcome
   and farewell message for our list (really a mailing list
   now and not a discussion list). I have checked the archives,
   etc, but I must be missing something.  Two questions:

   First, we are run 1.8a (unix version).

   What command do I use to send the message to our machine
   so that it is automatically distributed on each add?

   An example would be helpful. Also, from the documentation
   it appears that I don't need the help of the system's person.

   Second, since our's is really a mailing list, can I eliminate
   the standard "You have been added with a personal greeting.
   They can't use most of the commands on the page that is sent.

   Thanks in advance.  Wayne Marr of FEN   [log in to unmask]