Kenneth Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 13:34:28 -0500
With several independent recommendations in mind, including
some from this list, we recently changed the header of our moderated
list (managed under 8d) to provide for editor confirmation of outgoing
messages. The goal, of course, is to prevent spoofing of the editors'
addresses and the dispatch to our readers of spam, viruses, worms,
and other undesirable messages.

It appears to be working well. The llst server usually responds quickly,
we set up the message for REPLY, insert an OK at the top, click on
SEND, and it's gone. There have been, however, a few occasions
when, having looked at the message for a second time, we would like
to make a change, perhaps slight,  before it goes out to our readers.

Three questions:

Is it possible to do this without pasting the text of the original
message into a new message, making the change, and re-sending
and confirming it?  May we use the same SUBJECT for the revised
message?  And, finally, do we need to do anything about the original,
unrevised text now waiting in the list distribution server for a confirmation
which will never come?

Thanks, in advance
Ken Harris