Duane Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 14:30:31 -0500
At 06:13 PM 12-03-98 -0000, you wrote:

>The enclosed  message, found in the  PLEASEHELP-L mailbox and shown
>under the spool ID 0009  in the system log,  has been identified as  a
>possible delivery error notice for the following reason: "Sender:",
>"From:" or "Reply-To:" field pointing to the list has been found in mail
>body.

Microsoft Mail v4.7. I'm getting more of them, too.

I've always gotten a few of them. Listserve bounces any message that
includes the header of the message being replied to. Most mailers strip
that and substitute something like:

        "On 13 March John Doe wrote:"

It seems, though, that as default MS Mail includes the whole message, with
header, pasted on following the senders message. So it gets bounced. As
more people get Explorer 4.0 with MS Mail, more of these bounces are
showing up.

Duane Campbell  [log in to unmask]
http://www.epix.net/~dcamp/