Diana Fox <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 11:00:50 -0400
Rather than you doing all that cut and pasting, and sending the message to
the listserv, which then the post IS coming from you, why not use the
REVIEW command in the header, which will have all posts coming to you for
approval, to which you either approve or don't approve.  It'll mean you
have to send back an "ok" to the listserv if you approve and the ones you
don't, will fall by the wayside, never to appear.

Or send the posts via a "redirect to" the listserv.  The FROM would then
show:  from  ORIGNAL POSTER as directed by yourname.

Diana

At 10:12 AM 4/14/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I have a user that is having the following problem, I can't seem t find
anything that would solve this problem.
>I have tried Sender= " xxxxxxxx list <[log in to unmask]>"
>Any suggestions will be appreciated.
>Please respond to [log in to unmask]
>

>I am the owner and moderator of a listserve called xxxxxxxx.  I ask
subscribers to send me messages directly to my user id.  Then I cut and
past these and send them to the listserve.  I have a signature in my e-mail
(Eudora) that specifies that the message is from the listserve.  My problem
is that when it gets to all the subscribers it shows on their e-mail
directory that this message is from "John Q. Public".  Since there are many
people on the listserve who may not follow the lively discussions on the
listserve they simply ignore the messages sent by me because there are so
many of them.  When I send certain messages to certain people, then
couldn't recognize that these messages are sent to them personally from me
(rather than the listserve).  So they ignore the personal messages too.
How can I make sure that the messages that go out from the listserve have
the listserve name on it and not my name?