Debra Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 09:27:10 +10
I'm not sure what your point was because I found it in my
"Webster's New World Dictionary, 2nd Ed." (1984):
   chthonic - adj. 1. same as CHTHONIAN 2. dark, primitive, and
   mysterious
And under chthonian we find that its a word based in Greek myth.

-Debbie

.
Debbie,

There was no point to the reply, no point really to the thread at all (no
offense meant to anyone)..... and that was the point I was trying to get
across..

Just thought the thread was beginning to be taken a little too seriously when
it a subject that REALLY will not effect the world or lists in general... oh..
I have a MacQuarie that doesnt reference it.... and there is an Oxford here at
work that dates back pre-70's that doesnt include it in its form "chthonic"
only in its form "chthonian".... and yeah.. it is Greek and chthonic is based
on demon mythology....

I'll try not to be so obtuse next time.... :)

Debra