"Mark R. Williamson" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 10 Jan 1997 11:14:28 -0600
At 8:34 AM -0600 1/10/97, Dave Hardy wrote:
>Hi, what is the "right build of 1.8b" and how can I tell if we have
>it?  We run 1.8b here at MIT but I don't know what build it is or how to
>tell.  I suppose I could just try setting whatever it is that you set to
>run the probe, but without 1.8c I don't know what that is.

I thought I recalled seeing Eric write that some platforms wound up with
that code in 1.8b, but I can't find any mention of that in the list logs
now, so I guess I was mistaken.  Maybe it was some builds of beta 1.8c
instead.

You wouldn't need an actual copy of 1.8c to find out how to set up probing,
only the beta 1.8c manual (which has been offered online).  The syntax is
simple; just add ",Probe" on the end of the existing Renewal= keyword
(after the interval and Delay(nn) parameters).

Mark R. Williamson