Michael Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 14:12:32 -0900
Regarding:  Send= Private,Editor,Hold,Confirm

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, John Lyon wrote:

> This is not a correct setting. Private and Editor are conflicting options.
> You need either:
> Send= Private,Confirm
> or
> Send= Editor,Hold,Confirm

If they are conflicting options, then LISTSERV(R) version 1.8d neglected
to warn me of such.  Furthermore, I have not noticed any undesireable
behavior yet resulting from this setting.

> Using Send= Private rejects all non-subscribers posts. Send= Editor
> sends all non-subscribers posts to the moderator for approval, unless
> NoPost is a Default-Option. Due to all the spam these days, many Owners
> are shying away from Send=Editor and using other options.

Send= Private,Editor appears to result in filtering out non-subscriber
posts and trapping REVIEW subscribers' posts for moderation.  Does that
behavior you describe apply only to 1.8e?  My default option for new
subscribers is REVIEW, not NOPOST.

--
Michael