Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 10 Jul 1995 16:53:25 EDT
On Mon, 10 Jul 1995 15:55:23 EDT Wayne Smith said:
>1. I have a Send= Public list that I'd like to convert to "1st post is
>   reviewed".  Optimally, LISTSERV would allow me to set
>   "Default-Options= Review" *and* apply that to non-subscribers,
>   allowing me to "Set listname NOReview FOR user" ...  even is "user"
>   was *not* a subscriber.  It does not.  Maybe next version, L-Soft?
>   Am I missing something?

Um...you could set Send=Editor and Editor=(listname)...but that wouldn't
let you set a non-subscriber to noreview.  Why can't the user subscribe
and set to nomail if he/she wants to post but doesn't want to receive
list mail?  (Which is strange enough...)  In the meantime, you have the
ability to review all non-subscriber mail.

>2. Is "Send= Private,Hold" valid?  (The doc suggests to me that "Hold"
>   may only be used with Editor).  I'm not completely sure why, but
>   I'd rather use REVIEW than EDITOR.  Reasonable?

My understanding of Hold is that it works only with Editor.  That's
the basis under which I documented it. :)  Basically Hold simply modifies
the way postings to the editor/moderator are handled.

>3. Can a list have multiple "List-ID" lines for multiple long names?

I don't think so but Eric would have to say for sure.

Nathan