Eric Paul-Hus <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 11:31:58 -0800
> On Mon, 17 Mar 1997, W Schipper wrote:
>
> > But was it really necessary to include all 27 pages of addresses this
> > person tried to subscribe to?
> >

> If you want to find out if your site was on the hit list, then yes - I
> suppose it was necessary.
>
> Scotty

Am I the only one to see that only site that was really hit was AOL ???
Any site where most list are at least:
Subscription=Open,Confirm
will only send one confirm request per list, maybe a hundred of messages
for a 100 list... AOL will try to route them and will have to issue the
bounce ... for 1000s and 1000s of lists ...

So my guess is that the LISTSERV sites are more "accessory to murder"
than "hit" themselves ...

Others stry-bullet targets are those who own multiple list, or ahev
their address listed 3 or 5 time with every little variation of their
address those will receive multiple copies of the 30K to: line ...
(Hey! Pete, how's life this morning? Hang on! ;-)

PS:
> Steve Howie                     email: [log in to unmask]
> Netnews and Listserv Admin      fax:   (519) 763-6143
> University of Guelph            phone: (519) 824-4120 x2556
>
> If it's not Scottish its CRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPP

I can leave you Ashley MacIsaak but I'm ready to trade
Celine Dion against Natalie MacAlister

--
Eric Paul-Hus
HTML Writers Guild Member (CyberApprentice, July '96)

Festival de Blues de Drummondville: http://www.login.net/festival/blues

Un drtle(*) de Quibicois errant sur la toile de l'Universiti de la
vie...
(*):Drtle dans le sens d'itrange pas de comique!

Pensie: Ceux qui peuvent le FONT, ceux qui ne peuvent pas L'ENSEIGNENT!
Tought: Those who can DO ; those who can't DO TEACH - Sagesse Internet
Savvy