Tue, 7 Dec 2010 09:37:27 -0500
Elizabeth Trotter wrote on 12/07/2010 08:56:25 AM:

> The number of error messages I'm getting has really stepped up the
> last couple of months.  Most of them are of the nuisance variety,
> like the one below, notifying spammers of bounced attempts, etc.  I
> can't do anything about those and don't need to see them.  I get a
> couple dozen of those a day sometimes.
>
> There is occasionally an error message I can do something about,
> like email bouncing from a subscriber and I need to temporarily set
> them nomail until the issue is fixed or something like that.  Those
> error messages I want to see.
>
> Is there anyway to stem the flood of error messages from my list--
> receive some types of them (the ones I can do something about) and
> not the others--or is it an "all or nothing" situation?

Is your server behind a spam filter?  If the spam is blocked before it
gets to Listserv, it doesn't need to tell you about what it doesn't see.
Hopefully, the filter wouldn't block the notices you do need to see, and a
periodic review of the trap would show you those caught as false
positives.

Confidentiality Notice:
This electronic message and any attachments may contain confidential or
privileged information, and is intended only for the individual or entity
identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee (or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee), or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, you are hereby notified that
you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this message or any
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail or
telephone and delete this message from your system.