"James A. Schaefer" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Mar 1996 23:22:06 -0500
I have a subscriber to Travel-L who also has access to "news" [which I
know nothing about].  He has to be a subscriber to post to the list,
but wants to read messages from his news reader,not his mail. Can
he do this?  His partial remarks follow the header info.

My Travel-L header looks like:

*  Send= Private            Auto-Delete= Yes,Full-Auto
*  Review= Private          Subscription= Open,Confirm
*  Notify= No               Reply-to= List,Ignore
*  Ack = Msg                Files=No
*  Validate= No             Stats= Normal
*  x-Tags= Comment          Digest=Yes,Same,Daily
*  Notebook= No
*  Mail-via= Distribute     Loopcheck=Full
*  Renewal= 4-monthly       SizeLim=500
*  Daily-Threshold= 200     [log in to unmask]
*  Editor= Owner
*  List-Address=@FQDN
*
*  Owner=  [log in to unmask]     (James A. Schaefer)
*  Owner=  [log in to unmask]

The user says:
I recieve(sic) all the posting in my mailbox. At the same time I have travel-l
on my newsreader. So my internet provider already made travel-l available for
me to read and archive. Managing a newsgroup with my newsreader (=free agent)
is more easy then managing it with my mail program (PC Eudora). So I want to be
a list member, but I do not want to recieve the list as postings to my mailbox
(= personal internet address)  Is that possible or am I way out of line?

Can he simply set his mailer to forward travel-l mail (all mail?)
 to his reader?

Thank you.

|  James A. Schaefer, Assoc. Prof | Internet:  [log in to unmask]        |
|  Math & Computer Science Dept   | http://192.133.12.49/schaefer/index.html |
|  Rhode Island College           | Phone:  401 456-9758  / 456-8038         |
|  Providence, RI 02908-1991      | FAX:    401-456-8379                     |
|        List Manager of Travel-L @ VM.ege.edu.tr                            |