Wed, 13 Dec 2006 10:29:09 -0500
I am trying to figure out why our ListServ (1.8e) is removing the wrong
email address from our lists during probes. Below is an example of (X)
email address being deleted when (Y) email address is the incorrect one.
I wish I had more info to provide. Has anyone else experienced this?

--------------
You have been automatically removed from the AMERICAN_RED_CROSS list ...
If you receive this message, it means that something is wrong: while you
are obviously able to receive mail, your mail system has been regularly
reporting that your account did not exist, or that you were otherwise
permanently unable to receive mail. Here is some information which may
assist you or your local help desk in determining the cause of the
problem:

- The failing address is [log in to unmask] (X).
- The first error was reported on 1 Dec 2006.
- Since then, a total of 2 delivery errors have been received.
- The last reported error was: smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to deliver to
[log in to unmask] (Y)

Alec Minor
Director, Online Services
Communication and Marketing