Peter K Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:26:08 +0000
For some time now I've run a list with the term....

Reply-To= List,Ignore

....in the List header.  In an effort to reduce the number of annoying "yes please" and "me to" e-mails I recently set the o[ption to

Reply-To= Sender,Ignore

I am however now getting subscribers sending mwe the following e-mails

"I also find if  I Reply to Author or if I Reply to All using the tool bar
(Outlook Express) both go to the List. To reply individually I have
to find the address from the message itself."

...and...

"Yes there is a problem with the reply to sender.  I have discovered it
depends on who you are returning it to,.. for some people it works, ...and
others it goes straight to the List "

Is there anything I can do about this, or are these problems most likely due to e-mail systems "non-standardisation"

Any advice gratefully received.

Sincerely   Peter Robinson

PS   I was surprised that even though the Reply-To= Sender,Ignore  iterm is in the List header, when replying to a message using the web interface I still get the "Reply to List" check box selected - is this a know "bug" or have I got a configuration problem.