Keach Sasamori <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:44:41 -0500
I am trying to move my Listserv 1.8e to a new server.

I ran into a problem. The old servers license.file reads:

-------------------------------
LISTSERV-WINNT-INTEL
UNITS=0
EXP=NEVER
REL=1.8e
OPT=NONE
SERIAL=COMPANYNAME-3
CKS= (LAK STRING HERE)

MNT- LISTSERV-WINNT-INTEL
UNITS=0
EXP=12-MAR-2003
(ETC, ETC)

I have a older LICENSE.MERGE file with the following info:
(I must have lost the most recent LICENSE.MERGE file for 1.8e)

---------------------------------

LISTSERV-WINNT-INTEL
UNITS=0
EXP=NEVER
REL=1.8d
OPT=NONE
SERIAL=COMPANYNAME-2
CKS= (DIFFERENT LAK STRING HERE)

I tried merging this old license.merge file on our new server after
installing Listserv1.8e and got errors in the log saying that Listserv
cannot start because of an invalid license.

I noticed in the configuration utility that you could create a new
LICENSE.MERGE file.

Has anyone tried this using the info from the current LICENCS.FILE?
There is one field named "SCOPE" which does not have a corresponding
field in the actual LICENSE file.

Keach Sasamori
IPC