David Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:58:34 -0500
I'd brought this subject up before, but got no ideas back.  Our web
interface/archives are at:
http://www.hmssurprise.org/archives/gunroom.html

When you select a week, then choose the Sort By: Topic, you'll see
that many of the topics get repeated, rather than being listed as
"Whatever Topic (n messages)"

It doesn't matter whether you choose the 'Chronologically' or 'Most
Recent First'

Our members that use the web interface for reading and posting to our
list say that this behavior began when we upgraded from 1.8d to 14.4.

Looking at the messages in the archive, I don't see why they should be
listed as separate topics.

How are messages grouped in topics, and why aren't these messages
getting grouped together.  One example is the 'Audio POB' topic.
There are three messages in that topic.  When the web interface is
sorted by Topic/Chronologically, it shows up as three separate topics.
 When you sort by Topic/Most Recent First, it shows up as two topics.

Is this a bug?

Anyone got a moderate volume list I could look at via the web to see
if other lists have this problem?

--
David Phillips
Molon Labe !