Bruce Dienes <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 11 Sep 1994 20:34:41 -0500
>Date:    Sun, 11 Sep 1994 23:14:00 +0100
>From:    "Ir. E.R.Kooi" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: How to count and identify the NOMAIL-subscribers.
>
> I am a co-owner of a list with between 500 and 600 subscribers,
> depending on the time of the year. In the last year the two
> co-owners had to set quite a large number of subscribers to NOMAIL,
> due to unstable mail servers.  Also, quite a large number of
> subscribers set themselves (temporarily) to NOMAIL. I find, that,
> when sending a message, the message is send to approx.  360/370
> subscribers. Reviewing the list shows there are about 520
> subscribers.  Could anyone of you tell me how to obtain a list of
> the "to NOMAIL set" subscribers, so I can check, by regularly doing
> such, whether it is temporary or just a forgotten subscription.
> Greetings from Kooi.

We had the same problem on two of our lists and I just set the RENEWAL
date to a few days hence, and the following Monday, listserv sent our
requests for confirmation of subscription.  All subs that didn't CONFIRM
within 30 days were removed automatically by listserv.  This saves a lot
of work.  Then, just set RENEWAL back to its previous settings (in our
case Yearly,(30), I think.

--
Bruce P. A. Dienes                     Beware the iniquitous Disk Trolls!
Internet: [log in to unmask]