Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 Sep 1997 20:43:49 -0500
On 9/15/97 7:12 PM, Bob Zenhausern <[log in to unmask]> wrote...

>Setting the list reply-to list, ignore is not a good policy.  Sometimes you
>want the option of sending a query to the list which would only be of
>interest to the person and just a spam for the rest of the list.

It depends on your list. I generally prefer List,Respect because most of
my list subscribers don't have Reply-Tos in their mailer, and I use one
in my messages when I want replies directed to me.

A rather large LISTSERV list that I'm subscribed to (which is all
discussion, and very rarely warrents individual replies) uses
List,Respect, but a large number of the subscribers have implicit
Reply-Tos in their messages. I have to manually fix it on over half of my

As with most things, each list owner should evaluate the needs and
practices of their subscribers and do accordingly.

--
Adam Bailey      | Chicago, Illinois
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| "Do not take life too seriously;