Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 15 Oct 1996 10:27:59 -0400
Eric Thomas wrote:

> I do realize that  this is not a very good solution. It  is more like
> the lesser of two  evils. Also, this was added before  browsers
> included mail programs.  Ideally I  would  like to  request
> confirmation for  'mailto' actions only,  whereas people who  happen
> to use  a mail browser  to read their mail every day would not be
> affected.

Either I have gotten lucky, Listserv 1.8c is different, or Netscape 3.0
is suitably different that I have been able to perform most listowner
functions from Netscape without confirmation.  It does require
confirmation for listserv administrator functions, e.g., 'quiet del
listname user@node' does not, 'quiet del * user@node' does.

Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>