Paul Allen Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 29 Aug 1997 00:13:10 -0500
On 07:12 AM 8/28/97 -1000, the following was submitted for consideration by
Prema Qadir:
>Paul,
>
>I am curious.  What percentage of the bounced messages are from AOL
>subscribers?

Prema,

Suprisingly, my biggest problem isn't with AOL.  But its those blasted Juno
accounts that keep filling up.  In both Digest and Mail modes, altho mail
mode is the more popular form of offense.  Other than that, the Brits seem
to come in second collectively.  AOL members are pretty much dead last.

For the record, one list is a Joke list (yes, another waste of bandwidth,
so sue me, okay?) with slightly more than 300 subscribers so far, mail and
digest totalled.  And the other list is a discussion list that sprung from
the alt.college.tunnels newsgroup because of spam.  That list has about 150
so far.  The lists have been up for about two months and are pretty smooth
so far.  The joke list is moderated one way, while the tunnel group is
unmoderated open and has a higher traffic ratio.   The joke list is the one
that gives me the most bounces.  Usually no more than five or six a day,
but habitually some of the same people every day.

Since these joke lists have the potential to grow to a couple thousand (I
hope so anyway) I was wondering where I should define the lines that I draw.

Thanks to all that have responded so far.

Paul

mailto:[log in to unmask]