Geoff Tabbron <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 6 Sep 2006 15:19:04 +0100
We are considering implementing topics on one of our lists in order to
categorise postings (it's a 'one-way' moderated list), and I have a
couple of questions that don't appear to be answered in the List
Owner's manual or the archives of this list:

- do topics have any affect on the way message subjects are listed in
  the header of a digest, e.g. are messages with the same topic grouped
  together?

- if posting via the web interface of a list with topics enabled, does
  the 'compose message' page provide a list of topics to choose from
  (e.g. via checkboxes), or is this something a user has to add
  manually in the subject field.

Thanks,
--
Geoff Tabbron, Electronic Information Manager, Education UK Marketing
British Council, Bridgewater House, 58 Whitworth St, Manchester M1 6BB

This message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it.The British Council accepts no liability for loss or damage caused by software viruses and you are advised to carry out a virus check on any attachments contained in this message. Our purpose is to build mutually beneficial relationships between people in the UK and other countries and to increase appreciation of the UK's creative ideas and achievements. The British Council is registered in England as a charity.