John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:48:09 -0500
> I have a couple of questions about deleting individual messages from
> list archives.  I can edit the actual notebook files to remove the
> postings.  But, do I need to do something extra to have the changes
> reflected in the Web archives?

You need to  GET/PUT (Update) the list header for LISTSERV to re-build the
indices.

> Will the Web archive pages be rebuilt  automatically?

No. You must do the above, but this will happen at midnight if you don't.

>Does the Listserv server need to be restarted?

No if you do as above. It's not recommend you edit the current notebook.
If you do it will throw the current Digest out of sync and your list will
be HELD indefinitely. You must either send the digest or delete it before
editing. Then make sure no new messages are processed until you are done.
HOLDing your list while editing is the best thing to do, (after
sending/deleting the Digest).