Bill Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 08:23:41 -0400
On many systems, a maximum message size can be defined.  I beleive Hotmail
is about 1.5 MB.  (I had a 1.8MB msg fail to hotmail)  At work, we limit
all messages to 10MB *MAX*,  anything over 5MB is forced to low priority.

---

Inanimate objects rock with glee
as they conspire to baffle me.  - Ogden Nash

William Brown
Email/Internet Services
Erie 1 BOCES
(716)821-7285

"Peter C.S. Adams" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: LISTSERV list owners' forum <[log in to unmask]>
07/24/2003 06:25 PM
Please respond to
LISTSERV list owners' forum <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
[LSTOWN-L] Help with DSN 5.2.3

I am confused by DSN code 5.2.3. According to RFC 1893, this code
indicates:

    A per-mailbox administrative message length limit has been
    exceeded.  This status code should be used when the
    per-mailbox message length limit is less than the general
    system limit.  This code should be used as a permanent failure.

I get a lot of these from Hotmail and MSN and don't know how to deal with
them based on the above. What do they mean? The account is over quota
(which
should be 5.2.2)? The account is disabled (which should be 5.2.1)? WTF do
they mean by "the per-mailbox message length limit is less than the
general
system limit"??

Thanks,
    peter