Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 21 Mar 1994 09:34:59 EST
On Mon, 21 Mar 1994 15:17:09 +0100 Eric Thomas said:
>If there  is no 'listname  FILELIST', LISTSERV  generates one on  the fly
>with a list of the archive files. If there is a filelist, it appends this
>information to  the end of the  existing entries. So there  is probably a
>SASH-L  FILELIST with  an old  version of  the list  of archives.  If you
>delete it the problem should go away.

This reminds  me of  a blunder  I made  a while ago.  I had  to log  onto the
Listserv here to fix a problem. I  don't remember what the problem was, but I
had  to use  the CMS  FILELIST command  to view  a subset  of our  Listserv's
files. For  some reason, when  I was finished looking  at this list,  I saved
the LISTSERV  FILELIST file over  the real  file by that  name. As soon  as I
saved the file, I realized that I had  made an error so I was able to quickly
recover a copy of  the file from our system's backup tapes.  k I just thought
I would point  this out because if  there is a filelist on  Listserv, it does
not necessarily mean its a valid filelist file.

  Stan  Horwitz  Internet: [log in to unmask]  Bitnet:  STAN@TEMPLEVM
  Temple University  -- Senior  Consultant (My  views are  all mine!)
  Manager of the Help-Net and Suggest lists and Listserv Postmaster.