Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 09:51:31 -0600
> >Is this possible?
>
> Yes, but not with MS Access (because it is not full-fledged DBMS and does
not
> support the SQL commands necessary to communicate with LISTSERV).  For
more
> information please see http://www.lsoft.com/dbms.html
> and the LISTSERV Developer's Guide manual
> http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/index.html

Hmmm.  This is disappointing and I suspect the philosphy of this comes from
Listserv's Mainframe roots.   Whether we like it or not, MS Access is the
predominant database platform in use - speaking strictly from a number of
users perspective.  I believe LSoft is missing a rather large market by not
customizing it's WinX version to utilize it.

Ok, now that this minor rant is over, let's try the next question:

   What list distribution software package *will* do it?

I suspect that MS Exchange will, but that's way overkill for what I'm
looking for.

Chris Barnes                              AOL IM:  CNBarnes
[log in to unmask]                      ICQ:     3581645
Computer Systems Manager
Department of Geography                    ph: 979-458-1539
Texas A&M University                      fax: 979-862-4487