Karen Reznek <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 14:42:22 -0500
Ahern, Shannon wrote:

> This was not that type of error - I get hundreds of those and ignore
> them. This was from the Daily Error Monitoring Report, which I thought

I think with 1.8d, the auto-ack bounces from mail sent to the -request
addresses started showing up in the Daily Error Monitoring Report. Or
maybe that was just when the spammers started hitting the -request
addresses hard. This is when spammers write to the -request address,
using an invalid from address, and the acknowledgment (you have reached
the listowners...) bounces. These now show up on the error reports. Did
the site your list is hosted on recently go from 1.8c to a later version?

Note to Greg V, if you are reading -- please go back to only including
bounces to the list address, rather than the list address and the
-request address, in the error reports. I can barely find the legitimate
errors among the spam bounces.

--
Karen Reznek, head listowner - Asperger
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]