Sun, 21 Oct 2001 12:46:42 -0400
It does apear that someone is tampering.  Is it possible that someone is
intercepting your email?  The PW change can be initiated from email or
the web interface.  If the web, they probably already have your current
password and failed in changing it.  I would suggest you change it ASAP,
to a strong password.

The confirm should have come to you 48 hrs before the one that got
cancelled.  Your not having received that is suspicious in itself.

I would suggest that:
1) Change the password.
2) Get the list header and make sure that there are no new owners there.
3) Contact the site admins for the site that your list is hosted on.