Thu, 13 Sep 2001 18:56:34 -0400
On: Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 02:12:30PM -0500,Winship Wrote:

} You know the item, you know the date. Identify the notebook log which
} contains it (easy, you know the date of the item)  and GET that log.  Edit
} it and PUT it back.   That's all there is to it, do it by email.  Douglas

Correct enough but 3 additional precautions.

1) If the log is the current log, hold the list first and release it
when done.

2) Use caution with whatever you edit it with.  A text editor such as
Kedit or THE would be best.  If you use a word mangler such as word or
word perfect or wordpad, make sure that you save it as ascii text or it
will be garbage when returned.

3) Send it back in the body of an email, not an attachment.  No
signature.

--
Rich Greenberg   Work:  Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com   +1 770-563-6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign panix.com     +1 770-321-6507