Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 09:14:55 -0400
|Does ANYone have a suggestion of something I could do on my end to cut
|the link?

Assuming that your list is NOT * SEND= PUBLIC, the first thing to do
would be to:

DEL listname NETNEWS@*AMERICAN.EDU

This should stop:

1) your list from sending the NETNEWS gateway any messages

2) the newsgroup from actually distributing any messages to the list

No doubt you will aggravate a number of USENET posters
BIT.LISTSERV.listname since it will NOT be clear to them that there are
now two independent entities and never the 'twain will meet.

YMMV -- kids, don't try this at home without adult supervision.
--
mailto:[log in to unmask]          Tel: +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg;  University Park,  PA   16802-1202 USA