Wed, 9 Mar 2005 17:21:19 -0600
Eric Thomas wrote:
> Some mail clients appear to always use base64 encoding, without reason.
> The only solution is to use MIME digests.

Well, it isn't the *only* soluion. And I do not like MIME digests.

One can review the items before they are distributed and edit, including
the header of the posting, to convert to plain ASCII text.  There is then
no problem when people retrieve items from the archives.  And my
subscribers love the digests of my lists because they are so easy to read.

Douglas Winship  [log in to unmask]