Liam Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 14:58:43 -0500
> Isn't that a listserv maintainer (not owner) command?

It is indeed.  I spend so much time as a site admin that I too often
forget that this is LSTOWN-L, not LSTSRV-L.  So yes, Pete is quite right
-- you need to be a LISTSERV Postmaster to use the PWC commands.  If you
aren't that (and I'm not sure the background to Ray's original question,
so I don't know his access level), then you would need to enlist the help
of the site maintainer to do it.  As mentioned in my previous message,
passwords are site-wide, not list-specific, so a list owner can't register
a password on behalf of a user (because the password would apply to all
lists on the server).  If you have site admin rights, it's not a problem.

Thanks for the catch, Pete, and sorry for any confusion.

--
Liam Kelly
Senior Consulting Analyst

Look at our special white papers for LISTSERV, LSMTP, and Maestro at
      <http://www.lsoft.com/resources/whitepaper.asp>