Lou Schwing <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 10:53:50 -0800
At 11:26 AM -0500 1/30/98, Nathan Brindle wrote:

>It is completely and totally dependent on the number of postings/day and how
>long they are.  500 lines strikes me as short but I run lists with thousands
>of lines a day.  If you currently average 1000 lines/day in your notelogs
>then 500 may be a good number.  If you currently average 2000 lines/day
>in your notelogs, then there will be more than two digests/day with this
>setting.  It's definitely something that you will have to tune to your own
>needs.

How do I see the number of lines in a log?  My mailer doesn't tell me
(Eudora Pro).  Is there some way I can get list software to do this for me?

Thanks...

Lou Schwing                          La Crescenta Presbyterian Church:
[log in to unmask]                http://www.primenet.com/~louschw/

          Find out about REBORN - A Christian Discussion Group -
          http://www.primenet.com/~louschw/reborn/subscribe.html