Eugenio Gatto <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 Jul 1995 12:07:08 GMT+1
--- List header (auto-edited lists). - Torino, 1995-07-12

"... Send=Editor and Editor=(listname) ..." [Nathan Brindle,
1995-07-10]

A minor point. I think it is necessary at least
Editor=a-real-address,(listname)
to respect the "convention that the first person listed ... was the
moderator" (List owner's notes 1.8b). A moderator has to be a real
person: in this case, for non-subscribers (this configuration amounts
to say that they all are subject to REVIEW).

It is also said (new REVIEW option) that "by default, the messages are
forwarded to the primary list owner": but this default probably applies
only in simpler configurations, when no Editor= or Moderator= keywords
are used.

Anyway, I checked it on our list: with Editor=(listname) and no
Moderator= entry, the poster (a non-subscriber) receives a
pseudo-regular notification:

Your message dated ... has been submitted to the moderator of the
AIB-CUR list: .
but here    ^^^    nothing appears, and nobody receives the message to
be validated. I'll bet that the same would happen for a subscriber set
REVIEW (I assume that there is no logical conflict between having the
whole set of subscribers set EDITOR by means of the shorthand
Editor=...,(listname), and some among them individually set REVIEW).

<-- Eugenio Gatto    (CIDEM, Politecnico di Torino, Italia)
                     (list owner [log in to unmask])